The Garden Native Committee of the California Native Plant Society-San Diego Chapter (CNPS-SD) is presenting its fifth annual Tour, Gardens of Growth and Legacy, the weekend of April 1st & 2nd, 2017, from 9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. This enjoyable and educational weekend demonstrates that plants from our region can create gardens that are long-lived, water-smart and beautiful. We highlight design elements and plant selections that embody a truly Southern Californian landscape aesthetic. The tour is self-guided, allowing visitors to select the gardens they wish to visit and to do so at their own pace.
Chula Vista, Bonita, and Imperial Beach, Lemon Grove and the SD neighborhoods of South Park and North Park
GARDENS & EVENTS
- Private gardens (19): staffed with interpretive docents, owners, and designers.
- Public gardens (6): South Bay Botanic Garden (SBBG) at Southwestern College, RECON Native Plants, Living Coast Discovery Center, and the Tijuana Estuary Visitor’s Center.
- Garden features: rainfall capture devices, edible plants, bird and butterfly habitat, and other sustainable features.
- Presentation: Greg Rubin, renowned author and landscape designer of several gardens on the tour, on “The Drought-Defying Garden”, Saturday at SBBG, 6:30pm.
- Live garden installation: come watch a garden be planted with California native plants!
- Books, posters and seeds for purchase at our booth at the Spring Garden Festival at SBBG
- California native plant sale at RECON Native Plants concurrent with Garden Native Tour